Thursday, November 13, 2008

Web Video Class Project

Please enjoy my first attempt at making a web video!


The creative idea behind this video is just a peek at what great pets you can adopt from the humane society as opposed to supporting pet shops which are known to use horrible puppy mills. These animals really need homes and the love and care of a good owner and home. This video hopes to motivate people who are looking for a new pet to adopt from their local humane society and change the life of an animal for the better.


I used Jumpcut to make this video. Also I shot some of the photos of the animals at the Houston Humane Society and the others were obtained online. The song used in this video is Paramore's cover of "My Hero" by the Foo Fighters.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

christine, you always amaze me with your creative talents, your caring heart and the way you grow and grow and take on new interests..in several years i will have known you for half your life and you are the most special friend i ever met online...love you and good luck with doing all you want at school...

melwilltell said...

Hey christine! cool video!
Funny cause I did mine on the very same topic. I love that you got pictures from the humane society and I definitely thing it tugs at people's heart strings, so kudos for that. I'm glad we both have the same idea as to what's important!

Shannon N. said...

Christine, this video is great. It really captures the essence of how great an animal you find in a shelter can be. I adopted my dog Bandit (she's the love of my life) as well as my kitten Millie and I have never had such great experiences. I wish more people considered adopting rather than going for the ever so expensive pure bred. I really hope this video hits people the way it did me. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Awesome video. I am a huge supporter of adoption. I was wondering if you knew of any groups that worked to close down puppy mills and to spread the word of their horrible doings? This has always been a question of mine. How do they find out when/where there is a puppy mill? What actions are taken to get rid of it/them?

Also, I know you are on Twitter but I don't know when you are graduating. I was thinking that this could be a great area to use Twitter as a means of spreading the message. Let me know if you'd like to do something like that.