Saturday, October 25, 2008

Twitter

After being formally introduced in class to Twitter, I decided it was time to give it a try. When I first got on, I was instantly reminded of Facebook status updates. Basically, they are the same thing. Micro-blogging allows you to post short messages of up to 140 characters. I really like the fact that you can follow your friends and family, as well as other interesting people you many come across. Not only are individuals the ones to Twitter, but organizations, projects, and celebrities are doing the same. I came across Whole Foods, Social Media Club, and even Britney Spears! From a PR perspective, I think Twitter offers a great connection to consumers. Consumers are able to follow what is going on and get a better feel of the company's personality.

2 comments:

Shannon N. said...

I think its funny that when we first started discussing Twitter in class everyone kept relating it to Facebook statuses... what would we have done five years ago when Facebook wasn't around? How would we have explained the program better?

However, I like the idea of Twitter because I'll admit I love updating my Facebook status and looking at others updates. Its a good way to clue people in on what you're doing and why, while also keeping track of what other people are doing. Great networking tool!

Caroline Attack said...

Christine...
I can't figure out how to follow you. :(

I like your blog.. its pretty.